HPCA TK-8th Grade Resource Program
- Student observations
- Review of work
- Monitoring of student progress
- Consultations with classroom teacher
- Accommodations as needed for success
- Facilitate the collection of data for physicians and/or psychologists
- Students work individually or in a small group of four or fewer
- Remediation will be done in assessed areas of weakness
- Academic support provided to facilitate greater classroom success
- Students who need intense direct reading instruction receive instruction to build foundational reading skills using the Hill Reading Center HillRAP program and SRA Correcive Reading. These researched based programs are designed to meet the needs of students in the areas of phonemic awareness, word attack, fluency, and reading comprehension.
- Resource replaces regular study hall period
- Support provided in small groups of 4 or fewer students
- Student areas of weaknesses are targeted in small group tutorial sessions
- Students receive support completing/editing papers, reviewing assignments, making corrections, and studying for tests.
High School Resource Class
Students facing academic challenges are given the opportunity to receive additional help, at no extra cost, through a class called Study Lab. The teacher works with these students individually in small groups to help them in their core classes. They are taught many skills that they will need throughout high school and beyond.
Accommodations will be provided as needed.
** Standardized test accommodations will be provided to students with a diagnosis who demonstrate the need and use accommodation throughout the school year.
On-Site Speech-Language Therapy
Screening $25.00, includes the following:
Full Evaluation $100.00 as needed based on screening results and what evaluations are needed. Therapy sessions $40.00 (half-hour session)