Skip Navigation
College and Career Counseling
Parents and Students,
Welcome to High Point Christian Academy! I am honored to work with you and your student as the College and Career Counselor. I know that we were each created with a plan and a purpose.  God has given us gifts and talents to fulfill that plan and purpose. Helping students connect with postsecondary plans that fit the individual student is my goal and my desire.  
HPCA utilizes student accounts on Scoir.  This online career planning system provides career assessments, career and college research, and tools HPCA students use for the college application process.  
High Point Christian Academy understands the importance of providing college and career guidance to high school students.
HPCA provides a series of events and services designed to prepare our students for their post-high school goals:
  • Senior Meetings – parents and student meet with counselor to plan senior year – college choices, application process, testing needed, career guidance, etc.
  • PSAT testing for 9th, 10th and 11th graders
  • SAT and ACT booklets; current information on relevant tests
  • Parent workshops (9-11) College testing/SAT and ACT
  • Scholarship opportunities and announcements on the College Bulletin Board and Scoir
  • Announcements for local college and career fairs
  • College Panel for juniors, seniors, and parents
  • Financial Aid information workshop including FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
  • A series of college catalogs and resources
  • Accommodations for testing of students with learning disabilities
  • Annual Career Day event
  • Career Assessment (Scoir)
  • Junior meetings on college planning, college fit, application process, testing, course requirements, etc.
  • Visits and presentations by college representatives
  • Resume building
  • Interview prep (by appointment)
  • Camp College for rising seniors (additional fee, summer sessions)
Please feel free to contact me at with any questions.
Mrs. Aimee Allabaugh, HPCA College and Career Counselor

Dual Enrollment

Dual Enrollment Frequently Asked Questions

Dual enrollment courses allow students to earn college credit and high school credit simultaneously.  

  • Dual enrollment courses may count as elective credit toward graduation requirements, but may not replace HPCA required English, Math, Science, Social Studies, Bible, Fine Arts, or Health/PE courses. The exception to this is English IV Honors dual enrollment partnership with the College at Southeastern (option 2 listed below).
  • If a course is offered at HPCA, to obtain high school credit, students are required to take it at HPCA (pending no scheduling conflicts).
  • Seniors must take a minimum of six HPCA courses per year and Juniors must take a minimum of seven HPCA courses per year. 
  • 3-credit college courses will be listed on the student's high school transcript as one high school credit. 
  • Beginning in the 2024-2025 school year, dual enrollment courses will be included in a student's unweighted GPA calculation. 
  • If a student enrolls in a Dual Enrollment course, their final grade will be included on their high school transcript.  
  • Upon high school graduation, students are responsible for requesting official college transcripts to be sent from the college where dual enrollment credit was earned to the college where they enroll to ensure credit transfer.

    At HPCA, there are three options for students to pursue dual enrollment;

    1. Career and College Promise (CCP) (Non-Christian based)
    Career and College Promise is a program that allows high school juniors and seniors in North Carolina to earn college credit through local community colleges, such as Guilford Technical Community College. Credits are tuition-free and transferrable to UNC System institutions with a final grade of a C or higher (as well as many of North Carolina's Independent Colleges and Universities). Many HPCA students take CCP dual enrollment courses online during a Study Hall period. These are semester-long courses. Students should expect 4-6 hours per week of work outside of class time for each 3-credit course. Although these courses are tuition-free, families are still required to pay for textbooks and fees.

    Students apply and register for these courses primarily on their own, with the support of the HPCA College and Career Counselor and the CCP Student Advisors. Students must have a minimum of a 2.8 unweighted GPA or meet certain test score requirements. Students must also meet course prerequisites set forth by the community college.

    **HPCA does not necessarily agree with the content that will be taught in community college dual enrollment courses. These courses may not be taught from a Christian worldview.**

    Resource Links:
    Career and College Promise at GTCC
    North Carolina Comprehensive Articulation Agreement

    2. Embedded into senior year classes; English IV Honors and Understanding the Times (UTT) (Christian). HPCA partners with The College at Southeastern and Bryan College to offer college credit to students taking English IV Honors and Understanding the Times (UTT) with HPCA instructors. Students who earn a certain grade as their final exam or final course grade and pay the tuition set by the college ($250-$500) can earn transferable credit for a college-level English or Philosophy course. The College at Southeastern is accredited by SACSCOC (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges), the same body that accredits UNC system schools. Bryan College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. Students and parents are encouraged to look at transfer equivalency guides for colleges they are interested in attending to determine exactly how these credits will transfer. 

    3. Other Dual Enrollment Options through Christian Colleges and Universities
    There are many options for high school students to take online dual enrollment courses through institutions such as Liberty University, California Baptist University, Regent University, Dallas Baptist University, Grand Canyon University, and Southern Wesleyan University. Colleges and universities may offer reduced tuition rates for dually enrolled high school students, but the registration and payment process is the responsibility of the student and family. Students must also meet prerequisites set forth by the college or university. Students and parents are encouraged to look at transfer equivalency guides for colleges they are interested in attending to determine exactly how these credits will transfer. To participate in this dual enrollment option and ensure these credits are recognized on the high school transcript, students must complete a Dual Enrollment Course Approval Form through the HPCA College and Career Counselor. 
Aimee Allabaugh
College and Career Counselor