Parents and Students,
Welcome to High Point Christian Academy! I consider it an honor and privilege to work with you and your student as the College and Career Counselor. We were each created with a plan and a purpose with gifts and talents to fulfill that plan and purpose. Helping students connect with colleges that fit the individual student is the primary goal.
Please see the following documents for information on HPCA class offerings and registration:
2017-2018 School Year
High School Course Descriptions 2017-2018
High School Electives (2017-18)
High School Course Plan (2017-18)
Online Dual Credit Admission Guidelines
SBACS Virtual Academy AP Course Catalog (2017-18)
SBACS Virtual Academy Course Catalog (2017-18)
SBACS Virtual Academy Dual Credit Catalog (2017-18)
Online Bible Classes offered by HPCA teacher, Mr. Justin Bingham
Also, please remember to sign in to your Family Connection account at http://connection.naviance.com/hpca. Students can to research colleges and scholarships and learn more about their future careers all at one site.
High Point Christian Academy understands the importance of providing college and career guidance to high school students. HPCA provides a series of events and services designed to prepare our students for their post-high school goals:
- Senior Meetings – parents and student meet with counselor to plan senior year – college choices, application process, testing needed, career guidance, etc.
- PSAT testing for 9th, 10th and 11th graders
- SAT and ACT booklets; current information on relevant tests
- Parent workshops (9-11) College testing/SAT and ACT
- Scholarship opportunities and announcements on the College Bulletin Board and Family Connections
- Announcements for local college and career fairs
- College Panel for juniors, seniors, and parents
- Financial Aid information workshop including FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- A series of college catalogs and resources
- Accommodations for testing of students with learning disabilities
- Annual Career Day event
- Career Assessment (Family Connections)
- Java and Juniors workshops on college planning, college fit, application process, testing, course requirements, etc.
- Visits and presentations by college representatives
- Resume building
- Interview prep (by appointment)
- Camp College for rising seniors (additional fee, summer sessions)
Please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.